Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Li-Ning Badminton

Previously, I have not given my thoughts on the Chinese giant, Li-Ning.

I do not own any Li-Ning racquets unfortunately/fortunately.

However, I have demo'ed a few of them.
Namely Woods N90, Flame N50 and N55, Storm N70 and N77 and Rocks N33 for about at least 1 game each. From my brief encounter, I like Flame N55 the best followed by Flame N50.

The strings and tension were different from my Yonex BG66 and my range of 24-27lbs. Therefore I cannot properly reviewed them.

My impression of Li-Ning racquets especially the N series are they are (majority)on the head heavy side and about stiff-/medium flex. The perception of vibration is probably owing to the unknown string tension and different string type (i.e. Li-Ning strings)

Li-Ning last year in Singapore agressively promoted their products and also allowing customers to demo their racquets.

Above, Demo racquets

In justice to Li-Ning, I feel they make high quality sports apparel and the sizing fits the Asian body type better.

Don't make the 'made in China' label fool you as the sports apparel of Li-Ning is top notch. However, the design is more on the traditional side (which reflects the more conservative taste/fashion of Chinese people in general)
Li-Ning's strength is also its shoes which have very nice cushioning and ventilation (in the higher end models)

The only downside of the Li-Ning brand is the price/cost to the consumer. This is to offset the cost of sponsoring professional and junior players.

No comments: